Sunday, August 10, 2014

Distractions Abound!

The one problem I always seem to face, more so that the occasional and highly irritating writer's block, is getting distracted. My laptop is pretty much always connected online. I'll find myself popping online quickly to check something out, whether its doing a quick search or checking an email, hours later I'll discover I've either found my way to Tumblr or I've gotten to some random, obscure video on YouTube after following links on the side (which I probably originally went there to listen to some music while writing).

I do try to focus, I really do. But some days, after getting home from work, making dinner for my husband and son, I really don't want to focus on writing. And when I don't get distracted online, I'm usually gaming it up either on the counsels (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii), I'm rolling the dice with Pathfinder or D&D. I don't mind the Pathfinder and D&D distractions, however, they are good for giving me ideas. In fact, a stand alone book that I'm writing, albeit a bit slowly right now, is based of a D&D 3.5 character I recently played in game DM'd by my husband. I do hope that readers will find Rogue's Dance both entertaining and enthralling. 

Part of my problem with becoming more easily distracted of late is needing to finish revisions to the final Priestess book, Eclipse, while really, really wanting to continued the next installment of the Chronicles book, Opening of Lost Doors. I do have a short story I set aside called Winterspell. It is part of a joint project that authors T.L. Shreffler, Intisar Khanani, and M.A. Bronson are also working on. I do have ideas for a new series, although I do promise to finish the Chronicles first. I can't deny Ril fans their fix, lol. I also would like to try my hand at urban fantasy. I considered Steampunk and Dystopian, but I worry I might disappoint readers with those and remain hesitant to try them at this time.

Anyway, I'm planing on Eclipse to have its revisions finished and have it back on the market late this fall. So keep an eye out for it. there is a teaser of the cover below, but you can see the full cover on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment