Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sweet Goddess, I must have more!


I recently set aside a book I had been reading, The Nameless Dwarf by D.P. Prior (fairly good series, but for a fantasy setting with a dwarf lead character, place names like New Jerusalem and London kind of threw a wrench in it for me), to read Sora's Quest, the first book of T.L. Shreffler's Cat's Eye Chronicles. I've had a free Kindle copy of the first book for a while now, kept on my phone with the Kindle app. However, upon finally getting an actual Kindle, I started reading Sora's Quest while waiting for my son's school bus after work. Before I knew it, I had fallen undeniably in love with the fast paced story laced with danger around every turn. In truth, one day I lost six hours to reading it, immediately purchasing the second book, Viper's Creed after finishing Sora's Quest. Admittedly, I also in turn bought the third installment, Volcrian's Hunt immediately upon finishing Viper's Creed. Now I must wait to read the fourth installment as Ferran's Map has not yet been released. That makes me terribly sad.


I would, very much so, recommend this series to any and all fantasy lovers. I will admit, that more than once, the characters speech patterns have seemed off for the time period setting, a bit too modern, but that's my only qualm. The storyline is very well written, rich in history and culture. And the characters! Oh the characters! Crash and Dorian are my favorites (I'll stray away from spoilers here). The more I learn about Crash, the more I love his character, often times wishing I could embrace him and tell him everything will work out, it will be fine, stop beating yourself up!

Give the series a look for yourself. You can grab Sora's Quest for free on Amazon Kindle!
http://www.amazon.com/Soras-Quest-Cats-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B007V5XND8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1413660990&sr=1-1&keywords=sora%27s+quest


"Sora Fallcrest always dreamed of adventure, but as a member of the nobility, she learned the ways of a Lady instead. Now seventeen, she is expected to choose a husband and marry. She plots to run away, but just as she is stepping out the door, she runs into a mysterious man--and is kidnapped.
Abducted from her manor, Sora is plunged into a world of magical races, arcane jewelry and forgotten lore. She finds herself at the mercy of a dangerous assassin, haunted by an even darker past. She yearns for freedom, but he won't let her go--not when her Cat's Eye necklace is the only thing that can save his life.

But the necklace itself presents a problem. It is an ancient device from the long forgotten War of the Races, and its magic has the ability to steal souls. Can Sora learn to wield its power--or will the power wield her"

No comments:

Post a Comment