Sunday, July 31, 2016

Event Pictures ~ River City Book Bash

The River City Book Bash went well. I got to meet some wonderful people, readers and authors alike. The venue the event was held at was the Newport Aquarium in Kentucky in the Riverside Room (right across the river from Cincinnati, Ohio). I must say that the event runner, Christy Pritchard, did a wonderful job and I look forward to taking part again!
My table was by the windows, which was a wonderful spot except for taking pictures, lol! Author Mysti Parker got some amazing pictures if you'dlike to check them out: Mysti's event pictures.

Fantasy Author Intisar Khanani  and myself.


Between the lights overhead and window behind me, it was difficult to get good pictures of my table.



View from the Riverside room when the staff opened the blinds.

You can see Cincinnati, Ohio across the river quite well.
Before the event ended, I made my rounds around the tables and had my bag signed by all the author authors as a wonderful momento of the event.

The day before the event, my husband and I had the chance to hang out with friend and fellow fantasy author Intisar Khanani and her family. We got lost a few times in Cincinnati (why, oh why are there so many one way streets and highways/ramps to confuse the GPS?). I managed to get some beautiful pictures both wandering around lost and from the Purple People Bridge.
Purple People Bridge

Purple People Bridge

Lost in Cincinnati

Coal barge on river from the Purple People Bridge



Stunning shot of Cincinnati from the Purple People Bridge


Another stunning shot of Cincinnati from the Purple People Bridge


As my husband and I were driving down through Ohio, I decided to check the weather as it looked like there was rain in the distance. I decided the weather thought it was being funny and just had to take a screen shot of the smiley storm clusters.
Once the event was over, my husband and I packed up and began the lovely four hour drive from Newport, Kentucky back all the way up through Ohio back toward Cleveland. Our view along 71 North was pretty much this:
Corn. Everywhere corn.
The occasional town and corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment