Monday, August 22, 2016

Dinner to Remember

Today my family lay to rest a wonderful woman. At 98 years old she lived a long life that allowed her to meet her great great grandchildren. During world war II she worked in a factory in Cleveland building bombs to help win the war. They called her Firebomb Aggie. In celebration of her life and nickname, we held a celebration of life dinner at the 100th Bomb Group Restaurant in Cleveland, Ohio. My mother-in-law thought Agnes would have found it very fitting.
 We were a large party of eleven--nine adults and two children. (I'm sure they'll remember us. After eating our meals, we ordered nine more filet steaks to go for tomorrow). We started off by ordering one of each starter on the menu and shared it. We never did end up getting the shrimp, but that was fine. I very much enjoyed the Battered Green Beans, the Truffle Fries were amazing, as was the BBQ Pulled Pork Slider. The Mozzarella bites were tasty and although I didn't try them, everyone else seemed to love the Artichoke Dip and Calamari. Unfortunately, I did find the Short Rib Perogies to be a bit too bland for my liking. For the main meal, I ordered the 3 course filet cooked medium rare with the mixed green salad and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. The salad was nice and fresh and I didn't come across a single bad piece--which made me very happy. The filet was incredibly tender and flavorful. I was in heaven with each bite of it. It's been a long time since I've had a filet that good. I'm not a big fan of green beans, but I found them to be wonderfully crisp and good. The mashed potatoes were absolutely perfect.
I was quite full after all the starters and the meal itself, so I had a slice of cheesecake for dessert boxed up to take home. It was delicious as well, wonderfully creamy and without that certain dryness that I've encountered in other cheesecakes. I wish I had more!
My husband had the chocolate lava cake and was quite pleased with it. Aside from the mildly disappointing perogies and my nephew's dry fish sticks, my compliments go to the chef at this restaurant!

Now, for some general restaurant pictures! The exterior of the building makes me want to live there. So beautiful! And there are some old military vehicles about as well.
View from the parking lot.
Front entrance of the restaurant.

These planes actually move in the wind!
Field ambulance.



Beautiful event room I caught a glimpse into.
My son discovering how many Pokemon Go stops were at the restaurant.
View from the roof of the airport.
View from the roof of the airport.
My son was trying to take pictures of the planes taking off.




No comments:

Post a Comment