Saturday, March 25, 2017

Hope in Nautical Dusk Review

Opal Charm: Hope in Nautical Dusk (Vol. 2)

by Miri Castor

The Gift of Twilight flourishes within Opal Charm as winter descends on Dewdrop. Life was already rough before, but Opal’s got new obstacles to face – getting into high school, bringing her brother back home, and training to protect Athre and Earth from Samael, the mysterious overlord who seeks to rule all, and put an end to her and the Charm lineage. The balance between harsh truths and sweet lies is more fragile than ever.

Yet, as winter rolls on, the balance begins to break as a new threat emerges. Memories Opal once trusted are disintegrating her friendships, and lies are clouding her Path of Dawn and Dusk. Opal must seek the truth while protecting those close to her, no matter how painful it may be.

I was very excited when Miri Castor announced the release of Hope in Nautical Dusk and pre-ordered mine. I was not disappointed in the least. It holds a much quicker pacing than  The Path to Dawn did and Opal continues to grow into a stronger character who does, at times, suffer from feeling of self doubt. But, in all truth, that should be understandable when you go from being a normal teenager to suddenly having the weight of lives on your shoulders. I do look forward to seeing her continue to grow in the next book.

So much happens that is sad, but I don't want to reveal any spoilers here. Let me just say you might find yourself trying not to cry. I can say, that I still love Evron and his complete nervousness. He's still one of my favorites and I look forward to seeing how he progresses as well. Especially in his interactions with Opal.

In this book, Opal begins to discover more about herself and I think that's very important. And, while I might be rooting one way for her heart, I won't be horribly upset if it goes somewhere else. I think Miri Castor is doing a very good job in writing the turmoil going through Opal right now. I will sit by and eagerly await the next book, but no pressure on the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment